By: Danielle Longenecker, Product Marketing Manager
When adding new vehicles to your inventory, establishing unique vehicle descriptions for all new and used vehicles can be overwhelming. However, unique vehicle comments are vital because:
- Car shoppers want to be entertained as well as educated. Once the shopper feels connected with your vehicle’s story, they are more likely to interact with your dealership
- Google appreciates unique content. The more dynamic content you have for each vehicle, the better your website and vehicle listings will perform in organic search results.
Creating unique vehicle descriptions for your inventory can be exhausting. Not to mention, time consuming. Many dealerships write vehicle stories in-house, relying on the Internet Department to manually develop engaging, action-oriented content. Dealerships suffer when employees rush to insert comments and do not use relevant keywords or vehicle data to build a true story.
Many dealerships abuse the caps lock button in order to grab the attention of shoppers. Although capitalization and exclamation points are eye-catching, some shoppers may feel like they are being yelled at.
In the examples above, the content seems randomly inserted, lacking flow or even complete sentences. Give life to your vehicles and provide interesting, data- filled stories that create relationships with the most important aspect of your dealership: your consumers.
Give life to your vehicles and provide interesting, data- filled stories that create relationships with the most important aspect of your dealership: your consumers.
And when we say “tell a story”, actually tell it…
This is a perfect example from one of our Dominion StoryBuilder™ dealers. The comment flows nicely, uses vehicle data, and hits on keywords that make sense for this particular vehicle.
Follow these best practices for your new and used vehicle comments and let your vehicles tell their stories:
- Use descriptive call-to-action language along with top search keywords
- Use resourceful data like vehicle history, crash safety tests, number of owners, and automotive reviews
- Write a dynamic story for the vehicle, not your dealership
- Check for proper grammar and spelling
- Leverage technology with an automated service
Utilizing an automated vehicle comment service is your best way to you cover these best practices and engage your shoppers. Services like Dominion StoryBuilder™ help you create custom, automatic comments within minutes.
Drive increased clickthrough rates, provide SEO value, and deliver engaging vehicle descriptions for your shoppers. Talk to a product to a product specialist about Dominion Storybuilder today- call 877.421.1040.