By: Cassandra Goodermote, Direct Mail Product Manager
In today’s advertising market, there are countless methods used to reach an automotive customers. While email, web, and social advertising are all great ways to reach a new or used car dealership’s customer database, it is important to keep direct mail in the advertising mix. When paired together, a dealership reaches current and potential customers with the method that works best for them.
An auto dealership can use direct mail in a couple of ways:
- Direct mail can be used as a companion to a new or used car dealership’s email marketing campaign by reaching customers that do not have valid email addresses in the database. When paired together, this increases the dealership’s customer response rate.
- It can also be used as a follow-up to a social ad. Social media ads can include information that tells the customer to be on the lookout for an upcoming special via direct mail. Dealers can also promote current offers within these direct mail pieces.
- As a follow-up to leads, it is common to send direct mailers. When customers enter their contact information into the dealership’s website, mailers can be sent with an additional offer.
- Mailers help increase a dealership’s website traffic when the website is included.
“Why direct mail? We live in a digital age, direct mail can’t be that important to my automotive dealership’s advertising.”
The truth is, it is very important. First, not all customers are connected to digital platforms. Second, some car buyers prefer a tangible marketing piece that they can hold and place on the refrigerator for a reminder or reference.
- 66% of people have purchased something because of a direct mail piece (Direct Mail Association)
- 67% think mail is more personal (USPS)
- 39% of customers try a new business because of direct mail (DMA)
- 60% of customers are influenced to visit a website due to direct mail (USPS)
Direct mail still has a place in the marketing world, and should not be taken for granted. It is important to make sure that your new or used car dealership uses this marketing option to reach as many customers as possible.
If you would like more information on our custom direct mailers, call 877.421.1040 to speak with a product specialist.