By: Steve Lausch, Director of Product Marketing
When it comes to social media, timing is everything. Knowing, it is vital to ensure that dealership posts are being seen, when is the best time to post or share on social media? While the best days and times vary depending on the industry and business, there are some overarching best practices your dealership can use to increase success.
The larger your audience, the greater the opportunity for meaningful connections and engagement. Building an audience that is not only large, but also active, is very important. The more your posts are shared and engaged with, the more reach they will have.
When utilizing Twitter, it’s important to note that a tweet reaches 75% of its potential engagement in less than three hours.* In other words, find the optimal time for your dealership to tweet in order to reach the majority of your audience. For maximum retweets, post at noon, 5pm, and 6pm EST. Additionally, noon and 6pm posts deliver high click-through rates. The best days to tweet are Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.*
Some things to keep in mind:
- Location matters: each dealership within a dealer group should have an individual Twitter handle.
- Track and monitor tweets to see which times perform the best.
- Make sure to engage your audience. Listen and respond to potential buyers to maintain your dealership’s reputation.
As with Twitter, the first few hours of a Facebook post’s life are extremely important. 75% of a Facebook post’s lifetime impressions are reached in just two and a half hours.* Based on the latest data, here are some tips we recommend:
- Post during the afternoon, ideally between noon and 3 PM, and on Saturday to achieve maximum shares.
- Thursday and Friday afternoons are reliable for receiving both a high number of clicks and shares.
- People engage on social media when they don’t want to be at work or are on their break.
Dominion Dealer Solutions’ Prime Response and Social Ad Management tools can help your dealership optimize its social media posts. Prime Response provides a comprehensive platform that allows your dealership to track, influence, and engage with customers. The Social Ad Management tool enables you to create, manage, and measure Facebook ad campaigns right from the Prime Response platform.
Check out the infographic below for more tips for dealerships posting on social media.
*https://blog.hootsuite.com/best-time-to-post-on-facebook-twitter-instagram/READ MORE >